Grand Hyatt Seattle :Located Downtown and about a 10 minute walk to Pike’s Place Market. Perfect if you want to be super close to tons of shops, restaurants while also enjoying the amenities of a big hotel.
The Inn at The Market : Like the name says, this boutique hotel is located right in the market. Location is unbeatable and to be honest so was everything else. Wonderful service, view and rooms. Grab a bottle of wine, because the rooftop has one of the best views and is private for hotel guests.
Salish Lodge & Spa : Located about 45 minutes from Seattle. This lodge hotel sits on the edge of beautiful Snoqualmie Falls. Famous for an old fashioned breakfast and wood burning fireplaces in every room, get out of the city and enjoy a night here.
- The Original Starbucks
- Located in Pike’s Market this place is known for being a must see while in Seattle, but the crowds can be crazy! Go early in the morning and a weekday if possible. The Pikes Place Special Reserve Coffee is amazing and can only be found at this location, not even other Seattle Starbucks have it.
- Daily Dozen Doughnuts
- Located in Pike’s Market these amazing little doughnuts are worth the wait in line. I tried every flavor and they were all delicious! *CASH ONLY*
- Boat Street Kitchen
- About a 5 minute drive from the market, this little spot is so cozy! The food is delicious and if you don’t order at least 10 biscuits to start, you aren’t doing it right! The biscuits are unbelievable and its a great place to blend with locals.
Best Food/Snacks in The Market:
To be honest, we didn’t really eat “lunch” any day, because we were so busy always snacking on the delicious snacks in the market.
- Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
- Worth the wait in line, and to be honest it moved pretty quickly. The classic grilled cheese was out of this world and the classic macaroni was soooooo good! I recommend getting small servings, because you’ll keep eating your way through the market.
- Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt
- Super fresh and made with 100% real ingredients most which is sourced locally. The original, berry and lemon were my favorite flavors! Hands down the best Greek Yogurt I’ve ever tasted!
- City Fish Co
- If you’re like my husband, when you see shrimp cocktail on a menu, you order it! Regardless if you’re paying $28 for a few shrimp. Well, seafood lovers this place is a dream. Order a batch of 7-8 fresh jumbo shrimp for less than $10 and they’ll even give you some cocktail sauce to go to enjoy right there.
- Matt’s in the Market
- Reservations recommended for this is a quaint little spot located right in the market. Try to book for at least after 6pm when the market closes, so you can avoid crowds. Great food and drinks, we loved the Seafood Stew and the Seared Scallops.
- Sushi Kashiba
- Arrive by 4pm (there is often a line waiting for the doors to open) for this Sushi hotspot located in the heart of the market. Owner and Sushi Chef, Shiro Kashiba makes Japanese style sushi that everyone in Seattle talks about. A seat the the sushi bar is a true experience and you’re likely to see Shiro (75) continues to work five nights a week.
- Salish Lodge – Dining Room
- Reservations recommended for dinner with an breathtaking view! There are about seven window tables in the dining room that look over the falls – so pretty. The food is good, not amazing but really good! Perfect spot for a celebration, a true experience.
- Boeing Factory Tour
- My husband is a HUGE airplane lover and had already done this tour two times, but just had to go back for a third visit. Tickets were super reasonable $25 each and the tour was about two hours. The Boeing Factory is the largest building in the world by volume and it is so cool to see the process of how the planes are made. Highly recommend!
- Hot Cakes
- Oh my goodness you MUST go here if you are a chocolate lover like me! This Molten Chocolate Cakery allows you to order your own personal lava cake and it is baked fresh upon order and paired with delicious ice cream. The cakes are reasonable at $8 and they’re open until 11pm, so perfect for after dinner!
- Discovery Park
- If you’re looking for something outdoorsy and want to work off all those hot cakes, Discovery Park is the perfect spot! Tons of trails and the views are incredible. It’s the target city park in Seattle and is the perfect way to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.