- Southern Style Breakfast
- Hot Little Biscuit – Literally everything on the menu looks amazing and the best part?! They are open until 2am. There’s often a line, but moves quickly! The Biscuit Sandwich with bacon, egg and cheese was 5 stars!!
- Poogan’s Porch – For a more leisurely southern meal, this adorable restaurant is on a charming street in an old restored Victorian home. Make reservations to guarantee a table, you’ll be glad you did. The bacon is what dreams are made of, french toast is worth the calories and they have complimentary biscuits – need I say more?
2. Candle Making Class
- If you’re on a Girls Trip to Charleston like 99.9% of the people visiting, this is a super fun activity for you and your girls! Candlefish is known for their infamous smelling candles and now you can customize your own and drink champagne (BYOB) while you do it! Take home 2 candles and get to truly call yourself Southern and Domestic (Price $55 pp) Great way to beat the Southern heat for a few hours!
3. The Punch Bowl at The Cocktail Club
- Charleston is full of great cocktail bars, but one The Cocktail Bar was my ultimate fave because of the delicious Punch Bowls. These cute crystal bowls and glasses serve 4-6 people and are quite delicious! We had the Pimm’s Punch made with Pimm’s, Kronin Punsch, curacao highlighted with strawberries, mint, lime, cucumber & ginger ale – delish!!
4. Rainbow Row Photoshoot
- If you have planned to visit Charleston, you have probably heard of the famous Rainbow Row, a series of 13 charming and colorful houses all lined in a row. This street and the surrounds area is picturesque Charleston and the perfect spot to stop and snap some photos of you and your friends!
5. Indulge in The Oysters
- It’s no secret that Charleston is know for seafood, with one of the best items on the list being the Oysters! There are so many great spots to take advantage of these delicious guys, but below are some of the greatest!
- 167 Raw – This tiny little joint is serving up some big flavor, if you are already an oyster lover this place will be a dream come true for you! Going with some friends who don’t do the oyster thing, no worries the shrimp cocktail and lobster roll are heavenly!! Note very small and doesn’t take reservations.
- Darling Oyster – Located right on King Street this popular spot not only serves up some great oysters, but the place is so cute you’ll want to snap a photo in every corner of the place! Reservations accepted
- The Ordinary – New to oysters and don’t do the whole totally raw thing yet? No problem, famous or their Crispy Oyster Sliders, you can ease your way in! They also do Broiled Oysters with Shiitake, Country Ham and Parmesan – they are to die for and another great dish for oyster beginners!
2 thoughts on “5 Things You Can’t Miss in Charleston”
Sounds like such a fun trip! ❤ I would fly on a heartbeat to try their oysters, that’s for sure! Thanks for sharing!
So fun! Omg yes you should!!