Recently, I had the pleasure of staying for two nights (Friday & Saturday) at the Aloft Hotel in Downtown Houston. Below is the skinny on my Staycation at The Aloft
The Aloft hotel is perfect for efficient millennial travelers who are looking to explore the city, bachelorette parties wanting to hop from spot to spot downtown or even those who are in town for a special event. The Aloft hotel offers a a great location for a reasonable rate with all of the basics you need. When you book a hotel, the rate you pay is dependent on the amenities the hotel has, whether you use them or not.
So, what will you find? Valet, a sweet bar with cocktails and light bites, a 24/7 “Re:fuel” station offering snacks/drinks and a killer rooftop pool with $2 mimosas on Sundays – say what?! FREE Wi-Fi, I repeat FREE WIFI!
What won’t you find? A spa, room service, dry cleaning services or a full service restaurant.
The Aloft sits at the corner of Fannin and Walker St in a gorgeous historical building. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Discovery Green, a super fun area in downtown. Minute Maid Park and The George R. Brown Convention Center are also just as close, so if you’re in town for a baseball game or convention the location is prime.
Favorite Nearby Spots (all a quick UBER away)
Overnight parking is available at the hotel for $32 a night and is quick and convenient. I called to have my car brought around Saturday morning and it was ready when I stepped out of the elevator (only 2 elevators, so plan to wait for a little bit) – this cannot be said about all hotels downtown.
- Clean and Spacious
- Plenty of room to hang clothes, a nice built in bench for your suitcase and very clean!
- Mini Fridge and Coffee Maker
- This was not a stocked mini fridge, but was nice that I was able to keep my leftover birthday cake in the fridge
- Comfortable bed
- I can be picky about my bed and no complaints here! The feather pillows were perfect too!
- Functional Bathroom
- The shower in the bathroom was fabulous! I loved how the shower/toilet were separated with a large sliding full length mirror. I hate when there’s no full length mirror and the bathroom separation makes it easy for one person to get ready while the other is showering.
- Street Noise
- The only thing I did notice was street noise in the evening. With the building being historical the sound came through rather easily. I guess all the reason to stay out late and partyyy!!!