Well y’all, I did it! I didn’t starve and boy do I feel fabulous?! I learned so much about myself and my relationship with food. I didn’t realize how big of a difference 30 days could make – WOW!
Total Weight Loss: 11 Pounds
What I learned From The Whole30
- Sugar is Hidden in EVERYTHING: There are so many natural substitutes for unhealthy products these days. You won’t like them all, but some small changes can make a big difference.
- We Eat What’s Convenient: Frozen pizzas are easy! Plan ahead and brown up some turkey meat at the beginning of the week. You can put it in eggs, salad, or even on some spaghetti squash.
- Snacks Can Be Dangerous: Snack Smart -I used to grab a bag of portion control popcorn as a snack and that isn’t bad, but a little bag of pineapple is even better.
- Fresh is Best: Spend your time at the grocery store in the produce area, keep yourself off the aisles and you’ll thank yourself
- Girls Night Out Can Be Hard: Wine and ice cream is my favorite too, but try Soul Cycle and Salata for a change! Encourage your friends to get on the healthy train and together you’ll be unstoppable
- Find What You Like: We don’t all love green juice (me, I hate it) Just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean it’s for you. If you keep trying to force yourself to like something you can easily get discouraged. Find what works for you!
- You Have To Believe in Yourself First: Committing to a healthier lifestyle is not easy, it can be intimidating. Once you get your brain around the fact that you can do it and you want to do it is when you will find success.
- Feeling Fit Means A Lot: It’s easy to say, well at least I am “fat and happy” or “I am just living life the right way” There are times to indulge and times to try fried cookie dough, but eating like that every day will leave you feeling well, yuck! Feeling fit is empowering and will truly improve your life more than you may think – just see for yourself!
Average Day Before Whole 30
- Coffee w/ Coffee Mate Creamer
- 2 Blueberry Muffins
- Zoe’s Kids Meal
- Grilled Chicken
- Greek Salad w/ extra feta
- White pita bread with hummus
- Zoe’s Kids Meal
- Starbuck’s Frap
- El Timepo Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Chips & Salsa
- Chicken/Beef Fajitas Meat with Cheese and Butter
- Charro Beans & Rice
- Cup of Blue Bell Rocky Road Ice Cream
Average Day During Whole30
- Banana w/ Organic Almond Butter
- 1 Zoe’s Chicken Kebab
- 1 Zoes’ Shrimp Kebab
- 1 Zoe’s Veggie Kebab
- Coconut La Croix
- Half of a Blueberry Rx Bar
- Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Asparagus
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Small bowl of Strawberries or Pineapple
You Can Do It!
A huge shoutout to my husband Andrew, the girls in my office, friends and everyone who was so supportive through my challenge – y’all made all the difference!!