Omni Royal Orleans: You and girls first time to New Orleans? This is your spot – location, location location – 5 minute walk to Bourbon St, Jackson Square and Cafe du Monde. Beautiful hotel, that really gives you the New Orleans vibe as soon as you pull up. The chandeliers in the lobby are almost as gorgeous as the view from their rooftop terrace. The Rooftop Terrace is my favorite thing about the hotel, it’s the perfect place to have a drink before you head to dinner!
The Roosevelt Hotel: Want to make it a swanky weekend?! Skipping Bourbon Street and want to do more of the relaxing brunch, jazz and shopping scene? The Roosevelt is perfect for your girls trip then! Last time I was here, Bravo’s Andy Cohen was staying here – need I say more?! The rooftop pool and spa are sure to impress – plan ahead to rent a cabana and get a massage appointment.
MOXY New Orleans: Don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on y’alls hotel – planning on spending the budget on food, drinks and activities? This is a great hotel then! Geared towards the millennial generation, the check in counter is a BAR – yes you heard right a bar! Welcoming all guests with a cocktail the hotel has nice rooms, is reasonably priced has everything you need without too many frills. Check it out for sure!
- Court of Two Sisters
- Reservations Recommended. Famous for their Jazz Brunch, everyday from 9am-3pm this is surely a stop you’ll want to make. Enjoy a table outside under the trees while dining and listening to the well know Jazz Trio. $30 for the adult brunch you’ll have coffee, pastries, fresh fruit, omelet station and much more!
- Satsuma Cafe
- Looking to get away from the tourist crowds? With two locations, this local spot has not just delicious lattes, but the food is as yummy as it is pretty! Known for their farm fresh menu and huge selection of juices, this is a spot you can be sure to find something you’ll enjoy. Favorites are the biscuits, green eggs and ham, pancakes and veggie omelet.
- Red Dog Diner
- Come Hungry!! Located on Magazine Street, this the perfect place to fuel up for a day of shopping. You may have to put your name in and wait for a table, but so worth it! Theres a cute boutique right next store to kill time in 🙂 Order everything on the menu, because it is all seriously so good! We ordered like we had not eaten in days and then shared the yumminess! The best: blueberry pancakes, bacon, hash browns and grits!
- GW Fins
- Reservations recommended. A great place for a nice dinner and good conversation! Start with the lobster dumplings (two orders- trust me!), they are to die for. They have someone walking around offering fresh bread, so make sure to enjoy some – hot and delicious! I’ve had several fish entrees here and they were all amazing, so no worries on your main course. The “Salty Malty Ice Cream Pie” and the “White Chocolate & Caramel Bread Pudding” were my fave desserts!
- Galatoires Restaurant
- Reservations recommended. Jackets required for this classic spot that’s just about as old school as it gets. Order the “Sweetbread” appetizer or the famous “Oysters Rockefeller” The entrees are all great, just ask your waiter for help if you can’t decide. The “caramel cup” is a great dessert option and if you like a table side show order the Cafe Brulot for a flaming coffee liqueur drink.
- Cafe Amelie
- Located inside a beautiful courtyard, the ambience is amazing! In the evening the string lights reflect off the fountain and make for the most gorgeous setting! With so many fancy dinner spots in NOLA this is nice, but a bit more relaxed. Bartenders are awesome, so make sure to order a cocktail! The shrimp and grits are a popular item on the menu and so yummy!
- Cafe du Monde
- *CASH ONLY* A staple of NOLA, you can’t visit and not get your beignet fix! Open 24 hours a day, I recommend going later in the evening for a treat. Just grab a table and someone will quickly come take your order. An order of beignets consists of three and is $3.
- Creole Creamery
- *CASH ONLY* Rated the #1 Ice Cream Shop in all of New Orleans! With classic flavors and some different ones as well you will surely find something for you. The sundaes look as amazing as they taste, so go get ya some!!
- Carousel Bar & Lounge
- Located in the Hotel Monteleone this classic spot is super cool and definitely worth the stop! Get there early (doors open at a 11am) to snag a chair at the rotating carousel bar. The drinks are all pretty good but they’re known for the Vieux Carre!
- Arnaud’s French 75 Bar
- Located on Bourbon St, this small classic bar is famous for their…you guessed it – French 75!! A great place to meet up with friends and if you get there before 9pm you have a better chance of snagging a seat at the bar
- Pat O’Briens
- If you haven’t heard of Pat O’Briens you must be living under a rock! Known for their traditional New Orleans Hurricane’s. Drop in sometime after 11am once the courtyard opens and order a Pat O’Briens Hurricane for $8.50 – what a steal!
- Take the St. Charles Street Car to the Garden District
- With just $1.25 for a streetcar ticket there’s no better way to see the beautiful homes of the Garden District – hop off and walk deeper into the neighborhoods to see more impressive homes
- Go Shopping on Magazine Street
- Tons of fabulous shops with one of a kind clothes, art and souvenirs. Stop at the ever famous sweet shop – Sucre if the shopping makes you hungry.
- Visit the Historical Jackson Square
- If you’ve seen a New Orleans post card it’s highly likely Jackson Square was on the card. The area is not only historical, but it’s surrounded by tons of neat local artists so snag yourself a drawing of the square.
- Shop the Crescent City Farmers Market
- The Saturday Market runs year-round from 8 a.m. to 12 noon at the corner of Carondelet Street and Julia Street. You will find tons of local produce, baked goods, and even seafood!
- Listen to some Jazz at The Davenport Lounge
- Located inside the Ritz Carlton hotel this spot features live entertainment from Jeremy Davenport Wednesdays and Thursdays 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Fridays and Saturdays 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Enjoy a menu hosting cocktails, wine, champagne and light bites.